SkyNews editor emeritus Terence Dickinson has always wanted to offer readers first-class 8×56 astronomical binoculars. Now he has found them: Celestron’s SkyMaster DX 8×56 binocular, the best combination of quality optics and reasonable price available in this size. “In many ways,” he says, “the 8×56 is the ideal binocular for the backyard astronomer.” Collecting 25 percent more light than a standard 50mm binocular and 96 percent more than 40mm binoculars, the 56mm is the largest binocular that is still comfortable to hand-hold. Moreover, the Celestron SkyMaster 8×56 is the lightest 56mm binocular we’ve tested.
- 8× magnification porro prism binocular
- Fully Multi-Coated optics for extremely sharp, clear views
- Rugged full-size design for maximum image brightness
- Nitrogen purged for waterproof and fogproof performance
- Multi position twist-up eyecups for quick adjustment and optimum eye relief
- Suitable for terrestrial or astronomical viewing
- Protective rubber covering for ultra-firm grip
- Large center focus knob for easy focusing
- Carrying case included for travel and safe storage
- Limited Lifetime Warranty provides best protection and product support on the market
Optional Tripod Adapter
This adapter allows you to mount your binocular to a tripod for added stability and convenience. An absolute essential for stargazing! (Note: this adapter is not available from SkyNews as a separate item.)
Celestron SkyMaster Binoculars
$269 plus applicable taxes. Price includes free shipping in Canada. Canadian sales only. Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for delivery.
Binoculars with Tripod Adapter Bracket
$299 plus applicable taxes. Price includes free shipping in Canada. Canadian sales only. Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for delivery.