From the publishers of the award-winning SkyNews magazine and skynews.ca, a newsletter that is 100% free and written by the editors of SkyNews.
Stargazing: One of the most ancient and stirring human pastimes is enhanced by an explosion of affordable, high-quality equipment to view everything from objects within our own solar system to galaxies, nebulas and other deep-space objects.
Be informed of special celestial events occurring each month.
Receive timely bulletins, such as when a massive aurora is predicted.
Click HERE to receive SkyNews E-News. Examples of previous editions of SkyNews E-News can be read online by clicking HERE.
What You Will Get in
Your SkyNews E-News...
Each issue will answer such questions as:
- What major stargazing events will occur this month?
- When can I see an aurora borealis display?
- What is that bright star I saw in the west just after the Sun set?
- When can I see Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Mercury or Venus?
- How can I locate constellations such as Orion, Taurus, Cassiopeia or the Big Dipper?
- When can I see the International Space Station passing overhead?
- What do you recommend for a beginner — binoculars or a telescope?
- What equipment do I need to view the Orion Nebula, the Pleiades, the Andromeda Galaxy, the Beehive Cluster and other Messier objects?
- When can I see the Milky Way? Do I need a telescope?
- Can I photograph the night sky from my backyard with my digital camera?
- When is the next bright comet?
- When are the Leonid and Perseid meteor showers? Are there any other annual meteor showers? What do I need to see them?
|SkyNews E-news is for those who want to learn about astronomy, as well as those who want to be reminded when a special event is happening