- CONTEST CLOSES JUNE 1, 2013. There are no entry fees or entry forms.
- Photos previously submitted to the SkyNews Photo of the Week, including those not published, are automatically
eligible. Do not resubmit photos already sent. You may enter as often as you wish, but please don’t send more than 10 of your best photos per entry.
- Only digital images are acceptable. Submit
digital photos by e-mail to SkyNewsPOW@aol.com in
JPEG format. Please keep e-mail files under 2MB. Submit CDs by mail to: SkyNews,
319 Berriedale Road, Burk’s Falls, ON P0A 1C0. Please
do not submit slides in glass mounts. Digital images
submitted by mail must be on disk in JPEG or TIFF.
- Winning photos will be selected by the editors,
publisher and art director of SkyNews and will be
published in the September/October 2013 issue of
- Composite images (for example, those with
foregrounds added digitally) are not eligible.
- Please include as many of the following details
as possible: camera make and model, lens (or telescope), focal ratio,
exposure time, location and date. Include your name,
phone number, address and your e-mail with the submission.
- SkyNews is not responsible for loss of or damage
to materials submitted. Mailed CDs or DVDs will not be returned.
THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY
Note: For tips and advice on how to take an
astrophotographic image, click HERE.